INGLES: I PERIODO
A. Taller de refuerzo
ENGLISH WORKSHOP # 1
1. Read the legend of Theseus and the Minotaur and number the paragraphs in the correct order.
2. Read the legend again and mark the sentences T (true) or F (false).
a. King Minos had a good relationship with Princess Ariadne. _____
b. The King of Athens only had one child, Theseus. _____
c. Theseus wanted to fight the Minotaur. _____
d. Princess Ariadne always helped prisoners escape the Minotaur. ____
e. She fell in love Theseus because he was handsome. _____
3. Complete the next part of the legend with the correct form of the verb in parentheses.
While Theasus was in the dungeon Ariadne 1) ___________ (run) down to the labyrinth. While the guards 2) ____________ (look) the other way, she hid a ball of thread and sword behind the door. Then she 3) _________ (return) to the palace. As she 4) _______________ (close) the door to her room she 5) ________________ (hear) the King 7) ____________ (wait) for Theseus to go to the dungeon.
4. Read the sentences below and write adv (adverb); adj (adjective), n (noun), or v (verb) for the words in bold.
a. Theseus carefully hid the note and locked for the thread and the sword. _____
b. The beautiful princess waited anxiously in her room. ______
c. The beast was a vicious killer but Teseus was not afraid ________
d. He wandered through the cold, dark passages of the labyrinth. _____
e. Suddenly, he heard the Minotaur roar. _______
f. He turned and saw a young boy was running from the beast. _______
5. Finish the story in five sentences using the words in parentheses.
6. Complete the leaflet with the correct word from the box
wants don’t have would like should hope needs
Every child 1)_____________________ have the opportunity to go to school and get free healthcare. UNICEF desperately 2) _____________ to achieve that goal but 3) _____________ donations from you. They 4) ____________ to being working in the Amazon region later this year. Join them raising awareness and funds! You 5) _____________ to have a lot of free time but you do need to be energetic and positive! If you 6) __________ to help and have experience in this field why not contact us today?
7. Match the sentence halves.
a. You might prefer working with dogs… ____ before you prepare food.
b. You should always wash your hands… ____ because it will make them sick
c. You shouldn’t feed dogs chocolate… ____ if you are allergic to cats.
8. Write an advertisement for a volunteer job at a pet shelter.
B. Durante la semana de recuperación, tal como aparece en el cronograma, se realizará dentro del horario de clase las siguientes actividades:
a. Justificación personal del taller entregado
b. Retroalimentación y aclaración dudas.